Fully Programmable Ignition Kit – Rover V8Canems
This is the complete kit to convert your Rover V8 engine with carburetors to fully mappable distributor-less ignition (DIS)
Whether it is a TR8, TVR or a Land-Rover, this kit includes everything you need for the conversion. The engine management controls ignition only and comes pre-loaded with a base map to get your vehicle up and running straight after installation. Ideal for Rover V8 engines with carburetors, LPG systems and off-road use.
THIS KIT INCLUDES:
- CanEMS Engine Control Unit – IP67 water-proof, complete with base map;
- Canems 6 & 8 Cylinder Ignition Manual
- Rover V8 Step by Step Installation Manual
- Complete ECU Wiring Loom with ECU Multi-Plug – complete 3.2m loom with all required OEM grade weather-proof connectors fitted. All connectors and un-terminated cables are individually labelled for straight-forward installation. Fused Main Relay included. OEM protective outer sheathing;
- 1-Bar MAP Sensor;
- Silicon Vacuum Hose;
- Ignition Coil-Packs;
- Coil-Pack Bracket (GEMS type or custom Power-steering Bracket mounted);
- 8 custom 8mm HT Leads;
- 8 NGK Spark Plugs (BPR6ES, BPR7ES or BPR8ES – please specify when ordering);
- 36-1 Trigger Wheel (4 or 6 bolt pulley mounted – please specify when ordering);
- Crank VR Sensor;
- Crank Sensor Bracket (Serpentine or Pre-Serp – please specify when ordering);
- USB Programming Cable;
- RS232 Programming Cable;
- Software CD;
- Full installation manual.
THE MAIN BENEFITS OF PURCHASING THIS KIT:
- Full technical support available via telephone and e-mail;
- Improved reliability – inc. waterproof ignition capability;
- Dual fuel / dual map capability;
- Increased performance – throughout the rev range;
- Greatly increased part throttle economy;
- Greatly improved drive-ability – better throttle response, smoother running, etc;
- Increased MPG performance.
- Fully waterproof ECU casing – to IP67 specification (submersible to 1m);
- Switchable Maps – High/low octane option, also ideal for optimizing power on LPG;
- Programmable Shift Light and Fan Outputs.
If you plan on running your distributor timing cover, you will need a dummy distributor or to modify your old distributor, as it is needed to drive the oil pump. Order Dummy Distributor here
So after 3 Petronix failures, I made the leap for this. Installation instructions are well written and well adapted to TR8 specifics. The ECU manual is a bit generic and was not much help. Clint at TWS was available every step of the way, don't think I would have got this done without his help. NOTE: If you have factory AC, talk to Clint before ordering, the coil pack mount needs to be modified. the standard tune is good, needs a few tweaks. BTW-The software is not Mac compatible, you will need a PC.